Well Woman Exam
The best treatment for any disease is prevention. We encourage our patients to come for routine examinations on a regular basis.
You will be advised on how often you should schedule an appointment based on your personal medical history and any special needs.
What should I expect during my annual exam?
- A personal discussion about your health, physical and mental well being
- General physical exam
- A breast exam
- A pelvic exam (pap smear)
- An update of life and work situation
- An update of family health history (any new serious illnesses in your family?)
- A review of your health history
- An update of current medications, herbs, and supplements (bring list)
- Discuss your need for medication refills
- An evaluation of need for health screening tests based on age, personal and family history
| GYN Care
- Breast and ovarian cancer screening
- Cervical cancer Screening
- Cervical cancer vaccine - GARDASIL
- Endometriosis symptoms
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Management of abnormal Pap smears
- Menstrual cramping
- Menstrual heavy bleeding
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pre-conception counseling
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Irregular periods
- Menopause treatment
- Osteoporosis prevention/screening/treatment
- Ovarian cysts
- Painful intercourse
- Pelvic pain
- PMS management
- STD testing
- Urinary incontinence evaluation and treatment
- HPV testing CDC link
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Ectopic pregnancy
When should I first begin seeing a gynecologist?
As young girls grow into teens, it is important that
they receive appropriate medical care.
The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
now recommends that this includes a visit to the gynecologist as early as age 13-15.
Most adolescents do not need a pelvic examination at this time.
birth control pills
Ortho Evra patch
Intrauterine Contraception- Mirena (hl)
Natural Family Planning
- rhythm method
Permanent Sterilization-bilateral tubal ligation(hl-acog)
Gynecology services for teenagers typically focus on:
Annual preventative exam
STD Screenimg if necessary
General gynecology care
Breast Self Exams
Sexually Transmitted diseases
HPV Vaccine Available at our center
GARDASIL is the only vaccine that may help guard against
diseases that are caused by human papillomavirus
(HPV) Types 6, 11, 16, and 18
Anterior and Posterior Repair
D & C (dilation and curettage)
Laser Vaporization of Cervix
This information is provided as a resource only and is not intended to be a recommendation
or a substitute for consultation with Dr.Vick regarding your health and needs.